We are looking for people to work in our Food & Beverage outlets. The hours are flexible and are normally 9-hour shifts with varying start times. Please be aware you will require your own transport as public transport is limited.
As part of our Food and Beverage team, you will learn all the aspects involved in the organisation whilst working in the Spike Bar, the Long Bar, the Restaurant, the Halfway House or the Drinks Buggy. You will be an integral part of the Food and Beverage Team, carrying out all instructions and assisting where and when necessity arises.
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team as a Trainee Greenkeeper. To carry out golf course maintenance tasks, in accordance with the club’s standard operating/training procedures and health and safety policy
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
• Follow all Health and Safety regulations/club policies
• Reporting and record keeping and communicating
• Establishing working relationships
• Maintaining turf
• Operating and maintaining machinery
• Keeping self, work areas, and Greenkeepers facility in a clean and tidy condition
• Preparing course for play
• Golf course construction projects
• To ensure the regulations of the Health & Safety at Work Act are fully met and comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities
• To participate in any relevant training for the duties of this post and to achieve the key objectives of London Golf Club
• To participate fully in London Golf Club scheme
• To comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities
• To comply with London Golf Clubs Equal Opportunities policy
• To be willing to undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
• Punctual and reliable
• Must be enrolled at a training college/centre on a recognised greenkeeping/turf management qualification minimal NVQ2/QCF and continuing to work towards achieving this during employment.
• Working towards operators certificates applicable to the use of ATV’s, ride on mowers and tractors and desirable certificate issued by NPTC for pesticide application.
London Golf Club are committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be aware due to location you will require your own transport. For more information and to apply email our Human Resources Manager, Janet Smith.